Other research and professional projects
Research on political literacy of high school graduate students
- Coordinator: Institute for Social Research in Zagreb
- Funded from: various sources, Institute’s sources
- Project duration: since 2010 continuously
Research on political literacy of high school graduate students is a continuous project of the Institute for Social Research in Zagreb, in which youth political competency is examined periodically. With a focus on exploring political knowledge, attitudes, values and behaviour of youth, an interdisciplinary team of researchers has been engaged since 2010 in monitoring changes and analysing trends in political literacy of high school graduate students, and, thus in evaluating the ways in which civic education is delivered in the Croatian education system. Until now, three waves of fieldwork were conducted – in 2010, 2015 and 2021, while in the periods between empirical surveys, the research team was engaged in the analysis and interpretation of results, and publishing papers reporting on youth civic competencies. Besides that, the project aims to collaborate with civil society organizations, by providing a scientific basis for drafting educational programmes and strengthening advocacies regarding youth civic competency.
The project is carried out in collaboration with an array of researchers and professionals from Croatia and abroad. It is coordinated by a team of researchers from ISRZ and the Faculty of Political Science.
Partner institutions and collaborators (third wave in 2021):
- Faculty of Political Science (Associate Professor Nebojša Blanuša, Ph.D., Assistant Professor Dina Vozab, Ph.D., Professor Berto Šalaj, Ph.D.)
- Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences of the University of Rijeka (Associate Professor Bojana Ćulum Ilić, Ph.D.)
- University of Graz (Ana Ljubojević, Ph.D.)
- Gong (Dražen Hoffmann, M.A.)
- GOOD Initiative (Martina Horvat, M.A.)
- Anja Gvozdanović, Ph.D., Professor Vlasta Ilišin, Ph.D. (ISRZ)