Signing of the Agreement between the Institute for Social Research in Zagreb and the Faculty of Political Science of the University of Zagreb
The Institute for Social Research in Zagreb and the Faculty of Political Science of the University of Zagreb signed on 19th December, 2016 the Agreement on mutual collaboration within the priority areas of sociology and political science. The collaboration will primarily focus on scientific research into the topics within the scope of the Institute’s Centre for Youth and Gender Studies and the Faculty’s Center for Ethnicity, Citizenship and Migrations Research and the Center for Empirical Research in Political Science.
The collaboration will be based on mutual scientific research projects by which the following topics will be explored:
- political behaviour;
- representation of social groups within the political systems;
- role of youth in the political systems;
- political culture of citizens (primarily young ones);
- civic and political competences of the citizens, political socialization and political education;
- the process of creating public policies;
- the role of civil society in democracies;
- gender studies;
- and other topics of mutual interest.
Besides the collaborative scientific research projects, the Institute for Social Research in Zagreb and the Faculty of Political Science of the University of Zagreb expressed interest in collaboration on interdisciplinary projects within the European Research Area, on mutual teaching programmes and activities, organizing educational workshops, public discussions and conferences, exchanging knowledge and experience between the staff of both institutions and in mutual activities of transferring knowledge to the society.